Richards lab techniques
Techniques used in the lab include
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging – diffusion tensor imaging (human and animal).
- In utero surgery, in utero electroporation of genetic constructs to label cells, over-express genes, or knock-down protein expression by siRNA.
- Tissue culture and in vitro primary cultures, including organotypic slice culture.
- Neuroanatomical and Histological approaches including tract tracing, immunohistochemistry, cryostat, vibratome, freezing microtome and electron and confocal microscopy
- Molecular Biological approaches including protein purification, PCR, Northern, and Western Blotting, in situ hybridisation, chromatin immunoprecipitation, luciferase assays and genomic analysis